Working Rehab provides return to work and allied health services, rehabilitation, training and education to enable individuals to regain their function and return to independent living.
The focus of our service delivery is:
- to empower individuals to manage their injury, disability or medical condition
- to provide timely and cost efficient service
- goal oriented focusing on optimising function, engagement in activity and return to independent living
- constantly evaluate the effectiveness of our treatment and input
- developed around evidence based practice
Return to work services
Remaining at work or returning to work after experiencing a work injury is proven to have a positive impact on a person's recovery. Employers, workers, governments, families and communities benefit when work disability is transformed into work ability.
Our aim is to assist with driving early return to work outcomes.
Research highlights the health benefits associated with a return to employment, including:
- improvements to general health and wellbeing (e.g. self‐esteem, self‐reported health, physical health and self‐satisfaction)
- provision of modified duties fosters return to work
- return to work is more likely to be successful when undertaken early
- people are best off when they return to productive work in a supportive environment
Allied health services
Our allied health team aim to prevent, diagnose and treat a range of conditions and illnesses and to provide the best patient outcomes. We are experienced with assessing and managing complex and chronic injuries, neurological and degenerative conditions, psychological conditions, and age related health concerns.
Our services include:
- Occupational therapy driving assessments
- Activities of daily living assessments
- Home modifications
- Aids & equipment prescription
- Manual handling training and education
- Ergonomic assesment
- Clinical assessments
We provide support to current and former veterans, their families and carers addressing goals to promote health and wellbeing, independent living, community and social access.
- Return to work support
- Provision of appliances, aids and equipment
- Personal response system
- Home assessments
Driving is an integral part of a person's lifestyle, independence and identity. Driving is complex task involving physical ability, cognition, vision and emotional skills. Any change in function in one of these abilities due to ageing, injury or illness may affect an individual's ability to safely drive.
We provide Occupational therapy driver assessments and rehabilitation for car, light and heavy vehicles.